10 Things to Know for Today
Nov 7, 5:58 AM (ET)
By The Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. GEORGE STRAIT WINS COUNTRY MUSIC'S HIGHEST HONOR
The singer is named CMA entertainer of the year, while Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift take other top awards.
2. TESTS BACK CLAIM THAT ARAFAT WAS POISONED
3. HOW CHILD SEATS FARED IN CRASH TESTS
More than half of boosters that went on sale this year earn a top rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
4. THOUSANDS EVACUATED AHEAD OF TYPHOON
Philippine villagers are forced to leave an area devastated by a recent earthquake as a powerful storm approaches.
Prison officials are withdrawn from the former Pakistani president's home, where he had been held since April.
6. WHY ARIZONA MAN KILLED HIS GRANDMOTHER
Jason Eric Howell told police he was upset with her strict curfew rules and how much she charged him for rent, so he beat her with a shovel and slit her throat.
7. WHERE A NEW DINOSAUR SPECIES WAS FOUND
8. NEWSWOMAN SEEKS HELP FOR ALCOHOL DEPENDENCY
ABC says veteran anchor and reporter Elizabeth Vargas is in a treatment facility.
9. BIDEN DIALS THE WRONG NUMBER
The VP picks up the phone to congratulate Boston's new mayor, but gets a different Marty Walsh.
10. DOLPHINS COACH TAKING HEAT
Hazing allegations raise questions about whether Joe Philbin and his staff were negligent in failing to stop the behavior.
|Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All right reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.|